On Saturday, June 8th, from 9am to 4pm, Joan McGowan-Michael will hosting a workshop at Fashion Knit and sharing her dressmaking expertise. Here are just a few of the many reasons you should attend:
1. You will be making this adorable baby dress! Joan provides the yarn and the fabric: all you have to bring are US 7 knitting needles, white sewing thread, and pins and needles!
2. The principles of sewing fabric skirts to knitted bodices can be applied to anything you want to make in any size! Always wanted to make a light, twirly sun dress? You can! How about a wedding dress, or a nightie? Of course!
3. Joan McGowan Michael has over 25 years of experience as a professional clothing and knitwear designer. Her company, White Lies Designs, specializes in unique, romantic, vintage-inspired cardigans, pullovers, and tops . Her 2007 book, Knitting Lingerie Style, contains thirty beautifully constructed garments with instructions for a wide range of sizes. In short, she knows a lot about flattering and fitting your figure!
4. For this workshop, if you bring a friend, you’ll get 50% off their registration price — or, to think of it another way, 25% off for each of you! Pretty nice!
5. When you leave, you’ll have a beautiful, unique project ready for any special baby in your life and be a hit at the baby shower!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
The first day of Yarn Garage was a huge success! Over 50 stitchers scored great bargains on 100s of skeins of yarn! There are still lots of great yarn left come by and join the fun!!